Friday 30 November 2012

Have I told you lately - Things I know



I have a lot of worries right but I know it won't change things by pouring out my fears.

I haven't found support in a real life breast cancer support group as I did when my daughter was born still.

I spoke briefly to a counselor the other day , not much in private so I was guarded.

Right now , I feel so anxious as I struggle to believe that things will be okay.

The self doubt and worry over my future , my husband and childrens' health .

My family, friends and faith are there for me but still I struggle. I can't explain it. I don't have anyone really close anymore.



I found this poem again the other day - I know these words have held up when I am feeling low.



To Believe

To believe is to know that every day
is a new
beginning.
It is to trust that miracles happen,
and dreams really do come
true.
To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,
To know the
wonder of a stardust sky
and the wisdom of the man in the moon.
To believe
is to know the value of a nurturing heart,
The innocence of a child's
eyes
and the beauty of an aging hand,
for it is through their teachings we
learn to love.
To believe is to find the strength
and courage that lies
within us.
When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.
To
believe is to know we are not alone,
That life is a gift and this is our time
to cherish it.
To believe is to know that wonderful surprises
are just
waiting to happen,
And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.
If only
we believe.
Author Unknown
This song...



(yes, I am old sop for an aging raspy rocker)

How do you balance 'worry' with living a life well ... do you plan for the future or live for today ?


Things I Know with SMOM