Friday 9 November 2012

Attitude of Gratitude - Late edition

It's been a long day, actually 35hrs hrs since I left home.

I attended the Bloggers brunch with the theme 'Greatness Through Gratitude' today.

I heard some very inspiring words from the guest speakers.

Rosemary, who is a breast cancer survivor spoke very close to my heart. I'll tell you more about her another day.

Everyday, I still seem have more to complain about ...instead of being thankful.I'm trying , always trying , to see the glass half full.
 “In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.”

Albert Clarke -
I love this quote , it was mentioned today.

This one too resonates...

“Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes to simply be human...At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.”
Meredith Grey - \Grey's Anatomy ~Character

I was held up for hours in Sydney traffic due to a roof being blown off in wild weather and there an asbestos scare . It affected a major arterial road and traffic crawled for 1.5-2 hrs. At the time I was very frustrated ...now I am grateful no-one was injured. 

I'm grateful that I was inside another building, safe, when the storm hit and that I didn't have to drive in torrential rain.

I'm grateful I survived the Sydney traffic and despite the stupid GPS ! ...I mean - I'm grateful I had a GPS that eventually steered me in the right direction till I could follow my nose and the signs.

I was never ever so grateful that I made it back to my Mums !

This week I'm grateful that
  • we had closure on an issue with Mr 19
  • I was well enough to attend Bloggers brunch. 
  • I'm tolerating the side effects so far from Chemo. I feel good enough most of the time.
  • my nose didn't bleed till tonight, it's a minor but annoying drip.
  • my teenage niece donated blood ; organised by her school for the first time.
  • I got to catch up with some blogger friends and other real life friends
  • Mum cooked me dinner (she cooked for Mr 19 and my friend too)

 What are you grateful for ?